Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 10:00:01 -0600
7bit
From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
I get this sort of information from the JJRadio program.  I can get info
from the radio while listening to it if I use braille rather than
distracting speech.  For example, the other day I was wondering what my
power output was given the carrier level.  I was able to set the carrier
level, and then check the power output while transmitting.  It will also
tell me whether the VOX is enabled, and what the VOX delay value is.  I can
use the key or talk into the mic and read the SWR, ALC, or compression
level.
This works for the 590, but I don't currently get ALC or compression for the
TS-2000.

JJRadio works with the TS-590, TS-2000, and the Elecraft K3.  It is really
designed to be used with a screen reader and a braille display.  I wrote it
because I don't like having to get information from the radio with speech,
since I'm likely trying to listen to the radio too.  It's great to be able
to tune around the band and get realtime frequency and s-meter readouts in
braille.  I've also, in later versions, made it easy to jump to whatever
field on the screen you want to set or query, so you don't have to tab
through a lot of fields you don't care about before reaching the item of
interest.

You can get JJRadio from my web page at http://www.jjshaffer.net.  The
current version is 2.1.2.2.
--