ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:06:05 -0600
Hi, where did the idea that priests should not marry come from?
Is it based on some scripture?
I just wondered because I know there is scripture which says that God saw
that it was not good for man to be alone so he created woman.
All of this evidence of church leaders molesting children seems to back up
the scripture which said this.  Seems like God said it wasn't good for man
to be alone and the religions which don't allow for marage are going against
God's word and it opens those people up for the devil to get into their
lives.
Or at least it seems that way to me.
I know that the evidence is coming in on more than just priests though.  I
think priests are the only ones who are not allowed to marry though.  Is
that true?

Matt counting his ribs