ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:05:54 -0700
Me and messages haven't connected well lately. Wrote one last night but I think I hit cancel rather than send.

My thoughts on being a successful Christian have changed throughout the years. I used to think that if you were doing, doing, doing, and going, going going, all in the name of serving God you were successful. When I began to grasp the truth that not only did I not earn or deserve my salvation, but that I couldn't change God's love for me either. In other words, God's grace and love for me were not dependent on me. Then God began to chip away at the years of trying to earn the salvation I never deserved in the first place. Now my idea is more like
one based in relationship, Lordship and listening for God's promptings. Should we still devote ourselves to prayer and Bible study, memorization of God's Word and telling others about Christ's love, yes we should. But success is more a matter of the heart. Our actions and attitudes will proceed from a heart filled and over flowing with God's love.  There you have my shortened version of thoughts.

Vicki