ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:59:14 -0600
I wasn’t even 3 years old at the time.  We had driven the 450 miles to Grandpa and Grandma’s house.  I was learning to talk so got some worse wrong.  Grandpa was a German Mennonite but he had a great sense of humor.  He was always playing tricks on his grandkids and pretending to argue with them over the smallest of things.  He took me, this particular day, with him somewhere out in the country.  There was a small lake and after walking for awhile, I told my grandpa I had to pee pee.  He pointed to a large tree near the water’s edge and said, “Go behind that tree.  I did and found myself close to the water so I peed into the lake.  I ran back and said several times, “Grandpa, I pottied in the yake.  Grandpa laughed himself silly and told everybody when we got back that I potted in the yake.

Phil.