ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:01:41 -0500
I kind of did the same by taking it all at once as a whole.  Yes, I won't
lie, nor can I lie, as it would be sinful:  it hurt, o it cut like a knife
seeing paul's post, however, no, I don't think it was a wake up call to me,
as much as I think pretty much that there comes a point, where i must say,
hey, You know what...  i have to look at it not only from my side, but be
neutral.  By that I mean, see it from all sides before basing my final
analicis.  let's see if i can give a more practical example...  Remember
back to the situation with Rhonda and her daughter's driving issue?  Rhonda
couldn't just immediately sit here and blame the policemen or vice versa.
She had to get and hear, both sides before coming to her final conclusion of
what probably really happened.  Now, i don't use this example to wag a
finger or anything, it's just the first example that came to mind, and I
hope by me using it, I don't offend anyone.  If I do, i wanna opologize in
advance, because that is not my motives.  What I did?  I put the mail down,
briefuly, for the night, and took some time to sleep, and chew on it, and
pray about it more than anything.  I knew how I felt, which was hurt,
scared, confused, tormented, and more so, disbelief.  These were among some
of the emotions that hit me...  i also knew though, that whether that was
Paul's motive or not I didn't know...  I still don't...  it's very hard in
writing e-mails, to really truely get the full feeling across through tone
as to what you're trying to say...  this is why since tone won't help, it's
better to try hard to use a good tone choice of words.  For example, you
wouldn't wanna fly off the handle at someone and write them back and say
such and such?  You blankity blankity blanking blank blank?  You know?  I
mean, that would show harshness...  on the other hand if you wrote and
said... Such and such?  You know what... I love you...  you are so dear to
me and through God's mercy I really mean it when I say, that I care deeply
about you, and am very painfully concerned for your well being...  Have you
considered such and such?  If not, may I make that as a recommendation?  i
think that you might would be surprised at how much it might help you,
please consider these things.  I love you in Christ.  Don't you ever forget
it...  God bless you:  Love, and your name.  now see how much more friendly
that tone was, yet, it got the same point  across?  Heck!  You're very
concerned!  Anyways, again, just my opinion of side.  You all can take it or
leave it.  It's up to you.

Chris.