ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:10:23 -0600
Hmmm?
That pastor I listen to says that while Jesus was on the cross, he quoted 3
scriptures or passages from the bible and defeated the devil himself.
I haven't read that anywhere yet but am looking.
I have family who hear voices and who live evidently hard lives.
Big shocker huh?
What haven't you got in your family Matt?  hahaahahahah
Anyway, one is my aunt who married a very abusive man at a young age but I
think her problems must go back further than that.  She claims that being
under the bridges in dallas comforts her.  Usually with a bottle of wine or
some beer.  She is like a homeless person but she has a husband now who
provides a home for her of sorts.  I suppose he does the best he can.
Anyway, one of her sons checks in on her from time to time.  He says some
days he will find her scared to death and hiding in a closet.  This son also
says that he hears voices sometimes but he just tells them to shut
up.
Yet another of her son's is in the pen for beating a guy with a tire iron.
Then she has a daughter who evidently doesn't live right.  All of these kids
grew up in and out of other households in our family.  They spent a lot of
time with us and the girl and oldest boy graduated from highschool while
living with us.
The oldest boy is very successful and has a family and good wife.  I am not
sure if they live a christian based life or not but I think they come the
closest to it.
So, one out of 4 is doing really well from what I can tell and the other son
who checks on his mom is next in line.
He has to work hard but he works steddy and is in a relationship with a
woman which has lasted at least 20 years now.  I think they are maried.
I haven't answered your question just shown you a situation which could have
benefited from calling on god I guess.

Matt