ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2015 20:23:40 -0600
 One day last week I was supposed to have lunch with a friend of mine that I haven't seen for quite some time.  Felt led just to spend time with her as a matter of love and encouragement. Problem was that it was to be at her house and I had promised to bring it. Her health is not good. Thought it easier than trying to go out. But one doesn't invite oneself over to a person's home and expect them to make lunch. Anyway, this had been scheduled for quite a while. So I had something in mind to make but this crazy week didn't lend an opportunity for going to the store. Now you could just say, get on the bus Guss,  or get in your car Shar. Neither worked for me due to time crunch etc. Certainly not the car.  Here it was Thursday morning. It was becoming fast too late to cancel my transportation without incurring penalty. Besides that, I didn't want to disappoint my friend. What would I have said. "I have nothing for you for lunch." That wasn't an option. I thought of taking a cab to the store but that didn't seem plausable considering time constraints.  Was it my procrastination that put me in this bind? Not totally. Sometimes blindness throws hinderances in one's way. However, I prefer to see current lack of sight as an opportunity for God's glory.