From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2015 11:25:01 -0330
Hi all:

Anyone got any experience or knowledge of 2 element phased arrays?
I'm considering adding another zero five 43 footer for phasing and I was wondering,
if I had an element pointing to both the short and long paths, would there be a little gain and better receive opposite?
I'd place 1 element in the NW direction, 1 in the SE but if I'd wanna work state side, I'd have to look SW but wouldn't have an element there.
I'm looking into the W9AD system which is a multi band set up.
Oldman Winter doesn't like 40M yagis up here and to put up 1 that would last, I'd be looking at a cost of about 3000CAN and that's if I  buy a used heavy duty tower on the used market, new rotator and mosley 2 element 40M yagi.
I could probably do my 2 element vertical phased array for that and I'd have gain on 75M as well, plus can lower them if a big storm blows up.
Can't really do much with a 2 element 40M yagi at 60 plus feet except pray. LOL

73:
Mike DE VO1AX