From:
John J Jacques <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2014 13:25:50 -0700
Hi Mike, You can't connect to another echo link node through an existing
repeater system, unless the repeater in question allows touch tones
through, wich many don't!  If it turns out that they do, then you need
the node number of KY2D dash R, wich you can find out by connecting with
your I-phone and reading the info on the desplay.  If you have a radio
that you can connect to your computer, so that you can run echo link in
sysop mode, you can then make a shortcut for KY2D dash R, wich will allow
you to just key in 2 digits, and connect with your HT.  For example, I
run my node on 223.4 MHz simplex, and have KY2D DASH R as 50, so all I
have to do, is punch in 50 with my HT, and it connects.  The hardest part
about connecting your rig up to echo link, is coming up with an interface
that will key your transmitter.  You can do this with a rig blaster, or
some other costly interface, or get someone to biuld something for about
$10 that will work well.  I feed the audio from and to the radio,
directly from my sound card, with a pot in the mic input to reduce the
level from the sound card!  Hope this all has made some sense!  GRIN!

73:
John

John Jacques
Amateur Radio Station: KD8PC