From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2014 23:03:12 -0500
Hey Jim,
Just wondering where you grew up, and who your resource teachers were.

I lived in Vacaville , CA. Went to school for a short time in Fairfield
(K.I. Jones), Mrs. Bolls. Then, Alameda, attending Castro Valley Elementary
with Mrs. Sally Mangold, followed by Allan Puzarni (I don't remember exactly
hedow he spelled his name!, then Earl Warren Junior High in Castro Valley
with Phil Mangold. Finally back to Vacaville for 9th grade and high school
and all itinerant VI teachers (a whole new model for me, and not entirely a
welcome one).

Ron Miller
N6MSA
Tarpon Springs, FL
From: Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Date sent: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 19:02:45 -0600
Subject: Re: braille paper

Jim,
My folks bought my Perkins when I graduated from eighth grade in
1953.  Went to a neighborhood boys Catholic high school so had to
bring my own gear.  So, sixty-one years and never had it serviced
-
covers have never been removed and it still moves properly and
writes
good dots.
My wife has one just about as old but it has been cleaned and
adjusted.  The old Perkins just keep on tickin'!
Pat, K9JAUAt 06:43 PM 11/3/2014, you wrote:
About the only thing I use hardcopy braille for are labels and
using 3 by 5 index cards.  Still have two working perkins
machines around, one is my God, almost 60 years old! Sorry I
stopped to think about how old that machine is! Jim WA6EKS