From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:04:19 -0600
I had a chance to play around with a Rig Expert AA1400 yesterday.
Using the antscope software I was able to obtain limited, but useful results from the analyzer.
I had difficulty obtaining complete sweep information, but I could easily set a specific frequency to check and get the SWR, return loss in DB, impedance, phase, and several other important pieces of information.
The SWR plot graph seemed like it was right on the edge of being accessible...I was, for instance, able to set the software to look at 3 SWR points across a specific frequency range...but I could only read, with the jaws cursor, the upper and lower readings...and that only by setting to say all and shrinking the screen quite a bit.
This to me seems like an area that an experienced jaws programmer would be able to easily dig the pertanent information out of and create hotkeys to read back specific textual information from the graph.
Some basic scripting would likely make this antscope software and the rig expert analyzers totally accessible.
Single point readings were completely accessible with the JAWS cursor and straight forward enough.
I was unable to test with NVDA as I don't know that program very well and didn't have it installed on the laptop I was using.
There is an option to export a plot to CSV and read it in excel which I did.  There is a Frequency, RS, and XS column with the frequency in mhz, and a rs number value, and xs number value which I haven't quite figured out yet...I'm sure there is some formula to figure out swr at that frequency given those two numbers.  Which means it's clunky, but you can export say a 7 point plot to excel and get an idea of the resonant point of your antenna on a given band.
Or you can take a large sweep range with as many points as you want to get an idea of the full spec on say a multi-band antenna.
This software is precisely the same for all the rig expert analyzers from the AA30 up to the AA1400.
There are built in hotkeys for allot of things already.  I have high hopes if we can find someone who knows enough about scripting and who would be willing to work on this...The ham pod is another good option and I wonder if a rig expert were provided to Mike if he'd  be willing to take a stab at the project...

73
Colin, V A6BKX