From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2014 10:59:28 -0500
I learned a lot pawing around inside my Johnson Valiant.  The other radio I
got to touch on the inside, well at least the final tubes, was when we went
to Dayton in 1986, and toured the VOA installation at Bethony Ohio.
The engineer opened up the doors on an unused old 50Kw 1940's vintage
transmitter.
Those tubes must have been 30 inches tall and 8 inches around at least.

---