From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2014 17:31:56 -0400
Richard,

I'm sure you will get a load of suggestions on the tuner issue, but  if
it were me, I would be playing on 10 meters instead of worrying about 6
meters.    6 can be fun, but is usually dead as a door nail.  As a Tech,
you have voice privileges on 10 meters between 28.300 and 28.500.
You will have a much greater chance of working stations, and even DX, on
10 meters.

Of course 10 can be dead as well, but it has more frequent openings,
which usually last longer and cover a greater distance  than 6.   Lot's
of 10 meter stuff on last weekend.

Just a thought.

Also,  if 6 meters is important to you, be sure your new tuner covers 6
meters.  Not all do, some are just for HF and don't go above 30 MHZ.

73, Steve KW3A