From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2014 16:33:09 -0400
The LDG tuners will make a loud click if they can't tune the antenna, that
click is it shutting off I believe where as if it just does it's thing and
finishes, you're good to go. I don't have that one but I have the AT200pro
which I used to use until joining MARS and finding the hard way it doesn't
work well out of ham bands no matter what the claims. Now I use a manual
tuner with a TW-1 but for in ham band use, they're not a bad tuner
generally. I don't know the one you're looking at but all the others are
good I don't see why that wouldn't be, the only difference is that it
interfaces with the newer Kentwood radios and some of the other ones are hit
or miss for some reason. They all will tune automatically though as soon as
you hit the PTT button if the SWR is off so really that interface isn't
critical.