From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:43:39 -0500
This is a difficult one, I have lived on both sides.
One year in college, I had nothing, I was selling records to buy dog food,
and was angry with the people who were going to McDonalds, because I
couldn't afford even a meal there.
Later I was working, and buying things I could afford and had earned the
money to afford them.

$99 is a great deal if you can afford the i-phone and the $99.  If you
can't, its a slap in the face, because it might as well be $9,9000.  It
would be so useful and is so out of reach.  It would make life much easier,
but it goes behind rent and food.  What drives me absolutely is how many of
us have been convinced that we need an expensive screen reading software
program, with expensive upgrades that we can't afford to buy.  Then we are
left high and dry, paying what the V.A. and the government pay.  With our
tax dollars I might add.
The model for access is changing rapidly.
Anyway, it is easy for those who have, to minimize the situation that those
who don't have, are living with.
It is easy for those who don't have to be jealous of those who have
resources.

We all are better off than most of the world.  We all do the best with what
we think we have.
No right or wrong here, respect is easy to give.

H T Kaufman MSW LCSW
Adaptive Technology Instructor

---