From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2014 07:33:26 -0400
I am using Window-Eyes 8.4, and did a little testing with NVDA 2014.
Some of the big multi-ops like W3LPL are now using Wintest, and I have no
idea how its accessibility stacks up.  With N1MM and N1MM+, one of the most
important problems you need to solve is getting the correct information
about whatever field you have tabbed into, whether it's in actual logging,
setup, or whatever.  Window-Eyes has a Field Label hotkey to help with this,
but it needs to be reeducated each time you are in a different screen
configuration.  For the Entry window this only takes a couple of minutes.
For the Configurer screen that is a tabbed dialog box with 8 tabs and many
grid views, I don't think there is a good 100% solution.  I have not written
any scripts yet, nor have I used the Hotspot script, which would probably be
useful in some situations.  There is a lot more to say, but it's time to
head for work.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com