ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:19:37 -0500
Hi Loving Ones,

I want to share something with you all.

This afternoon our home phone rang, I answered it, and this person
told me who she was, and that she wanted to talk to Vernon about her
laptop to see if he could fix it. I tried to connect her with Vernon.
She said she wanted to bring over her laptop for Vernon to look at to
see if he could fix it. She said it was out of warranty.

She brought it over, and I asked her where she got our home phone
number, and she told me that she had someone at the drug store get it
for her. She works at the local drug store here.

I told her that our home phone number was unlisted, and I atold her
we don't use that number for business

Vernon and I talked about this, and we agreed that I should call the
drug store, and ask them to please not give out our home phone number.

Now, the only way that they would have gotten that number, is to go
into either Vernon's or my medical records and get it. That's exactly
what they did.

I guess she got in trouble, so she called us and told us that she was
coming over to get her computer, and that she got in trouble. I hope
the person who gave her the phone number also got in trouble. They
broke the Hippa law, big time.

She came and picked up her laptop which Vernon had to put together,
as he had taken it apart to order parts for it.

She was hopping mad at us. She told me that she broke the Hippa law,
and I said, "Yes, you did."

I wonder how she will treat us when we call that drug store, which is
the only drug store in town.

Thanks much.

Many Blessings,

Pat Ferguson
"I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13.