From:
Al Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:09:09 -0400
At 10:09 AM 6/26/97 -0700, you wrote:

>this "gnaw bones" sounds exciting and do-able, is their some bone gnawer's
>advice?

I used to make chicken stew in a crockpot, using a whole, cut-up chicken,
bones included.  I always put cider vinegar in the water to add a tangy
flavor to the stew.  When it was ready to eat, the bones would be largely
dissolved by the vinegar.  They would still appear to be intact, but they
would be soft and creamy and you could eat almost the enire bone.  I think
the vinegar dissolved the calcium, etc. out of them and was probably in
solution in the broth, but that's just a guess. Anyway, it tasted good!

ALOHA

Al (on the Big Island)