ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 22:02:34 -0500
Ben is going back for surgery again tomorrow, we didn't find out until
tonight when one of the nurses mentioned no food or drink after
midnight.  Ben was upset because the doctor didn't discuss this with
him.  He told the nurse, and aparently she called the doctor because he
came around 8:00 we hadn't seen him all day.  He said they need to clean
out some more of the  infection, and dead tissue, they will take out the
sponge they have atatched to the suction machine and put in another one.
They may have to go again in a coupleof days according to what they
find.  He says Ben should be in the hospital for five or six more days,
and t hen stay in a transitional facility for three or four weeks.
The doctor didn't seem to understand the reason Ben was upset was not
because of the care he was  receiving but because he seemed to be the
last one to know what was going to happen.  The doctor said "I didn't
give you this infection" no one said he did, we just want some
information.  I tried to tell him that Ben was just tired of being
there, and needed to  know what the plans were about his care.

My goodness! Ben seems so discouraged today, and what can I say?   We
both of course want his foot to be saved, but how can it heal when they
keep going in every couple of days?
I had hoped Ben would be home Christmas, but it doesn't look like it,
but of course things could change.

My  teachers said they need all my work by the 18th and if I need it, I
can get an incomplete, which would give me thirty days in to the next
semester to finish the work.  I think Ican finish but it is still good
to know that option is there should something happen and I am unable to
complete the work.

I think we will be able to do okay with the money, we will just have to
be carefull one thing I really hate is  the hospital wants 5.00 dollars
a day for the tv in Ben's room, every couple of days I give them money.
I wonder why that doesn't just come in a room.

I think we will be ok, just have to watch what we spend, it will be hard
, but I think we can manage.
My only concernthough it really doesn't matter much is not being able to
buy  Christa Christmas, I know it's  really not that important, but I'd
still like to get Jena and Christa something.
Jena says she will send Christa a plane ticket so she can come back to
Georgia for Christmas, but I don't know, maybe Jenna should just come
here, I will be awfully sadif both my girls and Ben are gone for
Christmas.
I just don't know.  I know Christawants to see her grandparents and
cousins, but how would I get to the hospital if she weren't here, cabs
would  beoutrageous,  and besides I wouldn't want to stay there to long
with Bowers my guide dog, I wouldn't know where to take her out.
As you can tell, my mind is just rushing from one point to the next, and
the thought of doing school work is not happening!!!
I am praying for the peace that passes all understanding to be in  mine
and Ben's life, and just as I pulled the blanket up over Ben so that he
was allwrapped  up, I pray that God would wrapp us in His love and
peace.
Not knowing what will happen is not peace, but know that there is One
who knows is a good thing.
Thanks for listening.
Rhonda