NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 07:41:04 -0400
On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Ted Fuller wrote:

> Sushi is dairy free, and I'm amazed how many kids like
> it. Recommendations are only once a month though, due
> to health concerns of the fish ingredients.

It should be, but lots of sushi restaurants serve rolls containing cream
cheese (I suspect only the more Americanized ones) and this can lead to
cross contamination or worse if you don't read the menu carefully.

Chinese food should be similarly safe, but suffers the same problem at the
more Americanized ones...cheese filled wontons.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |