From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:35:42 -0700
Well, I seriously doubt if they'd do anything unless you were talking
lots and lots of money.  Norton has been approached for years by gw
micro and others, and they just flat don't give a damn.  Even if they
agreed, they'd have to have a clue what it took to make something
accessible.  How many "talking" cell phones have we seen over the years
that only talk through the first level of menus.  You go to a varizon
store and you ask about a talking phone and they hand you one and say
"see the buttons talk when you push them."  Not a clue!!!!  I'd cough up
some dough if it were that easy.
The program I was trying to remember yesterday was calibre, supposed to
unlock books and convert a and so forth.  Isn't accessible at all and
author says he doesn't care.  Realisticly, how much money would it take
to get a program rewrite.  The problem with most of this stuff is it has
to be a consideration when the project is started and often it is not.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On
Fri, 25 Jul 2014, John Miller wrote:

> You make that sound easy. I'm sure it would work but who has the extra money
> for something like that?

>>> Butch