NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 11:01:37 -0500
I am lucky.  Totally by chance my children's daycare provider also has
several food allergies, including many which are anaphylactic.  So she
takes things very seriously.  I didn't have an allergic child when I
started my older child there, so I never looked for that, but it sure is
nice to know someone who really knows the situation is looking aftermy
little one.

For the rest of you with children who have anaphylactic allergies to milk,
when did you first observe the allergy, and when was the first anaphylactic
reaction.  My son has never had milk products directly, but had blood in
his stool from milk products in my diet when I breastfed him.  Since his
reaction is gastrointestinal now, I wonder if it will stay that way or if
it would be anaphylactic if he were to consume it.  Other family members do
consume milk so he's probably come across a stray molecule or two on surfaces
without a problem, so it seems he is at least not as sensitive as some of your
children!  His GE said there's a 94% chance he'll outgrow it before his first
birthday.  I sure hope so.  Even if it goes into other types of reactions
as Dr. Twogood suggests, that is very preferrable to progressing toward
anaphylaxis!!

--Robyn