From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:55:04 -0700
Yep, and everything I've read since the economy went down hill in 08
says if you're over 50, forget it.  My sister in law ws laid off then
and never did find another job and she'd worked for that office supply
firm for years.  I have a friend with an engineering degree in same
situation, best he could find was a greeter at Walmart and they don't
want you to work many hours so they don't have to pay benefits.  And, I
might add, these are sighted people, so I'm not very optomistic as a
blind person.  I lived in Las Vegas for ten years, and almost every job
that came up had  literallly hundreds of applicants.  In the ten years I
was there, the bureau of services to the blind didn't place one blind
person, some high partials, but no that is zero totals in any kind of
employment.

Oh, yes, to keep this ham related, hard to buy ham gear if  you're not
working.  Until she finally understood, that was one of the problems my
wife and I had was me not helping much with the income, she had a job
and I did not.
73
Butch
WA0VJR