From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 21:54:07 -0500
Cheryl, this is what I sent to the blind hams list.
Bill wasn't a list member, but I know that he is known by some of the people
there.
I know some of you know Bill Meeker, wa8rhs.
Last week, he walked his wife to the bus stop.  She got on the bus to go to
work.
He turned to cross the street, and was hit by a car which was being driven
by a young woman.  She stayed at the sceene.
A Dr. jumped out of her car, three police officers jumped out of their cars.
Flight for Life was called, and Bill was flown to the head tramma center on
the other side of the city.
As of the last I knew, he was in the ICU.  Non-responsive, with no motion on
his left side.  He has broken ribs, neck fractures, bleeding on and in the
brain, and a partially colapsed lung.
Reported the EEG tracings look strong.
Their is a web page, where information and updates will be posted, to keep
information clear, and to keep the family from having to answer numerous
e-mails and phone calls.

I have to visit my Dr. tomorrow, and I already have my heart in my mouth
because of the pedestrian crossings I have to manage to do that.
Here is the caring bridge page for Bill.
Their are 307 visits so far.
I have never seen this site before.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/billmeeker

H T Kaufman MSW LCSW