From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:53:27 -0500
Just a bit off the mark; I had my gall bladder removed last May, a
week after Dayton.  I didn't sleep particularly well after the
surgery because with the pain management prior to it, I spent the
previous day napping!
The overnight nurse, a gentleman of foreign birth chatted with me and
explained that he knew that since I am blind there are many things I
can't do for myself.  He then ticked off a laundry list!!  I matched
every item on his list and explained that I in fact could do those
things, except the one about driving and reading mail.  He asked if I
lived alone and I told him no that I was married.  That made him very
happy "OH, your wife does those things for you".  After I quietly
told him that my wife, too is blind, he was quiet for a minute then
said "oh God" and left the room.  The last trouble I had with him
that night!!  And by the way the rest of the hospital staff was fine
with me.  But I guess there is always one!!
Pat, K9JAU