From:
Richard B McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:28:38 -0700
Hey Steve!

I am using the 4:1 balun that came with the antenna.  Indeed, MFJ recommends
43' radials along with additional random length radials.

So, is it "normal" that no match can be made absent radials?  I am aware of
radials' effect on radiation patterns, but unsure of their effect on SWR;
and what exactly (if any) difference there is between these two concepts.
Additionally, aside from radiation patterns and SWR attributes, what is the
effect of radials on *reception* functionality?

73,
Richard KK6MRH