From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2014 10:31:29 -0230
I tried to live with an Android (LG Nexus 5) for 2 days and even though it was a nice phone, once Talk back was turned on, the phone got very sluggish.
I couldn't even txt with it, create or delete or move items into folders, and adjust the audio volume controls under the settings panel.
It had a quad core 1.5GHZ processor in it and at the end of the day, my iPhone 4S was just as fast with out the sluggishness with the VO activated. I think Android still has a long way to go unless you have time to listen to all the podcasts out there on android accessibility then you might make it work. Perhaps that was my issue because I'm sure there has to be a way for a blind user of the Android platform to be able to organize content and apps into appropriate folders and such. Had no problems with installing and uninstalling apps, PC like in a since as you had to go into the settings, apps and tap uninstall.
I also found that certain apps that I used on a regular basis, such as my home theatre system apps, didn't work with android but rock on the iPhone. 1 app in particular, the Denon Remote app, couldn't detect my receiver because it was an older model and I guess the android version didn't support a 2 year old receiver while my iPhone version does.

73:
Mike VO1AX