From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:50:15 -0700
The Jabra runs around $160 on Amazon but you may find it cheaper
elsewhere or used.  I think the frequency is around 1.9 gigs and
is spread spectrom but not digital, still analog.  Audio in both
directions is very crisp.  The model I have uses one earpiece,
has a combination volume-mute button on the top and an on-off
button on the back of the earpiece.  When you are done using it
you just hang it on the base unit to recharge it.  Jim WA6EKS

 From: John Miller <[log in to unmask]
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date sent: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:37:29 -0400
 Subject: Re: Need a Recommendation for a Hands-free VOX
Headset=20
 for Kenwood TS-2000
=20
 You can use any of the heil headsets, to might prefer the
foot=20
 switch to
 vox, I always find vox a horrible idea especially on any nets
but=20
 it's up to
 you.  I used to use a foot switch but now I do just fine with
the=20
 MC-60 for a
 mic and any communications headset if I use a headset at all.
=20
 The only thing
 I have trouble with is a hand mic, that slows me down bad but
the=20
 desk mic I
 do alright with though that's what i"m used to with public=20
 service at the
 EOC as well is either desk mics or stock hand mics and I do
not=20
 like stock
 hand mics.