From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2014 17:40:49 -0400
No witchcraft involved,  but just put up a Hex beam to replace the short
boom 2 element tri bander.  I put it together yesterday and got it up on
the mast this morning.  Just under 15 feet right now.  I don't think I'm
going to extend the  other section until I have some sighted help to
help me get the  thing guyed  while keeping it vertical.

SWR is super on the 5 HF bands, but resonant point is a bit high in the
band on 6 meters.

This one came from NA4RR, one of the many purveyors of this type of
antenna.   Parts seem to be good quality and with everything pre
measured and pre cut, it's easy enough to put together with your eyes
closed (so to speak).

73, Steve KW3A