Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2014 21:42:32 -0500
Hi

Well, I suppose that the grounding strap could be viewed as a vertical
element. It would be 90 degrees out of phase. I just attach the ground to
the same side of the antenna that the shield of the coax connects to. A
continuity tester is a quick way to see which side is which.

My theory is that ham is about experimenting. Thus, if one tries to ground
the antenna and you feel the antenna works better, just run with it. On the
other hand if you feel that when you grounded the antenna it lessened the
performance, Its time to get rid of that grounding strap. Smile. Whatever
works.

God bless,
Mark (WZ0K)