From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:43:11 -0600
wouldn't grounding a dipole result in the transmitter seeing it as part of
the antenna?
Basically rendering the antenna useless...
Now, grounding the feedline during big storms is a good idea to help protect
your radio equipment from static discharge...But grounding the shield of the
feedline during regular operation would, to me, seem like it would cause
more problems than not.

73
Colin, V A6BKX