From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:45:21 -0600
lol...we had our provincial premier resign her office earlier this year
because of some rather scandalous questionable spending on her own personal
stuff...meanwhile the roads are falling apart, civic projects are years
behind schedule, there are still homeless people on the streets...and she
wants a 2 million dollar personal penthouse built in a government
building...for her and her daughter.
Not to mention the 10's of thousands spent on government charters to bring
friends along to entertain her daughter while traveling on government
business.  She used to spend around 2000 bucks a day just on flights between
her home city and the capital city, so she could go home at night...and they
still had a 3500 dollar per month condo rented in the capital for her
personal use...so she didn't have to commute by plain.
That is just the tip of the iceberg, and this went on for a couple years
before anyone took notice.
So, just imagine how much money gets spent on things like this if you begin
to multiply the number of high level government positions that allow large
expense accounts like this for more or less personal use.  Granted, the
government must be run in a compitent fashion, which does require travel,
and that travel usually has a time sensativity factor...but still, it's just
unbelievable the sheer quantity of money that is spent when much of the
time, if someone was actually in charge of finding cheaper alternatives,
debt wouldn't be a problem for government.

73
Colin, V A6BKX