From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2014 14:58:30 -0500
Well this has nothing to do with radio at all.
I just returned from Vancouver.  Very interesting trip.
Some thoughts.
1.  No night time skip on the A.M. broadcast band.  How odd.
2.  Only fifteen miles from the Washington state boarder, but everything I
could find on A.M. and F.M. was from Canada.
3.  They have no window screens to keep the bugs out, because they aren't
needed.  Fantastic!!!
4.  Your money is marked with 8 dot computer Braille cells.  Holds up on the
plastic but not on the older paper bills.  Fantastic!!!
5.  Many of the streets have audible stop and go lights.  I think they use
different sounds for North south streets, than they do for east west
streets.
6.  The personal service is excellent!  How did they learn to be so
considerate?
7.  Bathroom and elevators are not usually brailled, why not?
8.  You have to have lots and lots of money to live well there.
9.  You get salty just by living there.  Its everywhere, even with out going
kiaking, which we did.
10.  Flying gets long very fast.
11.  Had muscles, oysters, whisky, great beer, fantastic lamb, seared tuna,
and curried goat.  Puteene must be an acquired taste.

Anyway, that's the review of my adventure.

H T Kaufman MSW LCSW
Adaptive Technology Instructor

---