From:
Robert Ringwald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2014 14:54:38 -0700
Linda,

What is a dry and store unit?

I’ve never heard of such a thing.

-Bob K6YBV

From: Linda C. Knight
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 2:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: problem solved.

Hi fellow hams,

First thank you so much for all of your suggestions.

I learned a lot today.

I found out what the problem was regarding my thunking noise on the tmv71a
on the 2 meter side.

Recently, I bought a new global dry and store unit to replace my old one.

I gave my husband my old one as it was still working, but I wanted the newer
model.

Anyway, we plugged the old unit in the kitchen on sat morning I think and
since I didn't turn on the radio that day, I didn't think anything of it.
Keep in mind, the mag mount is in the kitchen on the counter by a window.
The dry and store unit was also on the counter.

Well, I turned on the radio yesterday and got that thunking sound.

I had art remove the dry and store unit away from the kitchen and when I
turned on the radio, the thunking noise stopped. Amazing! So I have learned
something.

Phew! All's well now.

Hugs and 73

Linda C. Knight & shirley