Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2014 15:44:20 -0500
Hi Carmela,

Mobile antennas don't have the big signals of the out door ones. However,
one can still have fun.

The three magnets I mentioned are on a t mount for mounting the antenna on a
car. The magnets in doors only serve as wait to keep the antenna up right.
The t mount should have a mount that is threaded for the mobile antenna. It
will usually have a short piece of coaxial cable to connect to the radio. My
t mount had a ground connection to connect my ground wire too. Pretty much
any wire will work for a ground radial on this type of set up. Just use the
formula 234 divided by the frequency in MHz to get the length you need. You
may need to trim it to tune it after it is installed.  The wire itself can
be bought at any hardware store. 14 AWG or 12 AWG are a couple common sizes.
If you need to bend the wire around corners to make it fit, I would by
stranded. Other wise it is recommended to buy solid copper wire. A lower
cost mobile antenna is sold under the name "ham stick". These and the mag
mount or other mounts can be found at ham radio stores.

I hope this helps.

God bless,
Mark WZ0K