From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2014 13:20:25 -0500
Richard,
The web address didn't work for me.  Solid, stranded, braided, all
the same when you put it in the ground.  Sixteen gauge is, yes,
better than 18 gauge.  Insulated may not disintegrate quick as soon
as bare.  I didn't see the price.  Do you have a way to conveniently
get to Home Depot or the like.  Check their price on #14 or $12 house
wire.  Might be less expensive than the Amazon product.  And now that
I think it through, perhaps stranded would be a bit easier to work
with than solid.
But whatever you decide on, the more the better within reason!