From:
David Weigel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2014 00:54:42 -0400
Here is the vital info re: verbose mode and terse mode:
Speech mode
Your TW-1 will speak in one of two different modes: Verbose and Terse. In
Verbose mode, the
TW-1 speaks in full sentences, as in "The forward power is ninety seven
watts". In Terse mode,
only the numerical value is spoken, as in "ninety seven". The default is
Verbose mode.
After you become accustomed to your TW-1, you will likely want the shorter
readouts, without
all the extra chit-chat. To select "Terse" mode, press the REV and SWR
buttons together while
you apply DC power. Thereafter, on pressing a button when RF is present,
only the numerical
value will be spoken.
1238
1240
To return to "Verbose" mode, press the FWD and REV buttons together while
you apply DC
Volume Message-----