From:
Richard B McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2014 18:53:16 -0700
Hi!

I bought the VSPE 64 bit version to run on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
PC.  I want to run both 1) Amateur Contact Log and 2) ARCP-2000 at the same
time for my Kenwood TS-2000.  However, I cannot figure out how to setup VSPE
to do this, as explained below.

I have a USB serial adapter correctly connected to the serial port on the
TS-2000.  When operating either ACL or ARCP alone, they use COM3.
Individually, each application works fine.  But, how do I setup VSPE so I
can operate both applications at the same time without one of them taking
exclusive control?

In VSPE, I did try creating a "split device" with COM3 going to COM4.  Then,
I set both ACL and ARCP to use COM4, but this does not seem to work : (
Also, I did send an email to the maker of VSPE's technical support, but they
haven't responded.

73,

Richard KK6MRH