From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 17:29:01 -0600
when the automatic repeater offset function is turned on, it does a 600K
offset on 2m, and a 5meg offset on 70CM.
When entering a repeater frequency simply enter the repeater, IE, 444.100
and if the automatic offset is turned on, your tx frequency will be 449.1
However, if using a repeater with an uncommon offset, as in, your tx
frequency is 449 and your rx is 444, you may have to just hit the zero key
to set your shift from simplex to minus etc.
the radio uses the american band plan for repeater and simplex portions of
2m and 70CM, so it'll set the shift automatically depending on where you
are.
For instance, I believe if you punch in 449.250, the radio knows it's in the
repeater input portion of the band, and will just set the shift to off or
simplex...so you'd have to set it to minus...it obviously won't do plus up
that high...an easy way to tell if you have the shift set to simplex or
offset, is to use your reverse key...if you get a low beep, it's on simplex,
if a high beep then it'll be on offset...if you get the high beep, simply
check the frequency to check which direction the offset is set, and again,
use the zero key on the keypad to change the shift direction.

hope that helps.

73
Colin, V A6BKX