From:
Dave Basden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2014 16:17:50 -0700
I had a 5BTV vertical on my roof at an earlier installation and used
a swivel bracket mounted directly on the roof with three guy
ropes.  I had four radials on each band stretched across the
roof.  It was a cedar shingle roof.  A friend of  mine used a tripod
and it worked for him, but it was a bit harder to get the antenna
onto the tripod.

73,

Dave, W7OQ