From:
Tom Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2014 21:52:36 -0500
Yeah Howard, there are at least three ves during a test.  Its true that that
leaves room for stretching the rules a lot <g>.  So long as the examineres could
see the screen at all times I don't see a problem with the computer.  When I
took my extra they made me bring in a non scientific basic calculator if I
wanted to use one.  As it turned out I only used it for one qhestion.

Most ves are going to do about anything they can to help someone with testing.
There are special versions of the tests for blind folks which omit the pictures
and all sorts of stuff.  If you let one of the ves know a little ahead of time
they can accommodate just about anything.  We used to keep around a vibratory
system for the Morse test when folks had to take that.  We could also do braille
tests, tests in sign, and just about anything else necessary.  I was in a
university town and we were lucky enough to have several local hams working in a
number of disability areas so we could pretty easily do that kind of stuff.  The
ARRL makes lots of stuff available to ves for accommodation purposes.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html