From:
Tom Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2014 10:43:18 -0500
I'm a ve and my take on using the Windows calc is that because it would be
impossible (or nearly so) to insure that there were no stored answers in there
and no other test answers stored on the compute I would not only disallow the
calc but also the computer for any reason.  However, you might get a ve to
supply a computer themselves if you absolutely had to have it for the test.

There's really no extremely difficulot math for the tech test.  The extra is a
bit different but since the question pool is out there and you can see the
answers before the test it shouldn't really be much of a problem.

If you can get your hands on a plain talking calculator it will be pretty easy
for one of your ves to insure it is clear in memory and that would work well for
you.  It would also avoid a lot of tech that is necessary with a computer.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html