From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2014 21:12:57 -0400
Good radio, I have had a couple IC-2at's over the years and actually found
one at a ham fest today I couldn't pass up. With so many public service
events I do using simplex, I figure I'd rather have something happen to that
one, like last weekend when we did one in the rain, than have something
happen to one I paid a lot of money for. The baofeng my wife has just is
horrible for public service, after a while the receive light comes on but
nothing's heard until you hit a button and many I talk to who do public
service with me a lot find the same thing so I decided an almost free IC-2AT
is a much better way to go. I can't say I know anyone who's killed one of
those but I sure know a lot who still have them.