From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:20:17 -0500
Try this. I think I killed all of the junk without taking
out anything that should be there.

K5XU

Here are the menu settings that relate to cw for the ts-480.
Enjoy comment and debate.

The menu button, just below the mode button has to be on,
the up and =
down buttons change a setting option, and the click knob
just below the up and down buttons rotates between the
menus.

Here are the ts-480 menu setting descriptions followed by my
chosen settings.

33 Keying priority over playback Without switching off the
repeat

32 playback for messages, you can start keying.

My setting,  is set to off, but I am thinking of
experimenting with it.

34 CW RX pitch / TX sidetone frequency

Select RX pitch frequency between 400Hz and 1000Hz. At the
same time, sidetone frequency changes with the pitch
frequency. This can be used to

zero in on a target signal by matching the sidetone
frequency with the RX beat.

My setting, 600.

35 CW keying weight ratio Change the dot/dash weight ratio.
This is usually set to AUTO.
My setting, 3.1

36 Reverse CW keying auto weight ratio

You can change the AUTO setting for #35.

My setting is set to on.

37 Bug key function Manual TX can be enabled for dashes
only.

My setting is turned to off.  I could never run a bug.

38 Swap dot & dash paddle position

Swap the paddle position to suit either right-handed or
left-handed use.

My setting, is turned to off.  I key left handed backwards,
I have =
always made dashes with my thumb.

Yes, a double negative is a positive!

39 Auto CW TX in SSB mode Automatically switch mode to CW
transmission by simply operating the paddle.

My setting, is turned to on.  This is very handy!

40 Define CW tune frequency Useful if used in combination
with #39, as there is no need to operate the dial to zero in
on a target.

My setting, on.

Mike Duke, K5XU

---