Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2014 13:33:18 -0600
7bit
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
yeah, those surfaces have been making quite a showing of late.
problem is though, like with any windows based device, the screen reader is
third party, and therefore, many programs or apps won't work...unlike the
IOS devices which have an integral screen reader built into the OS which
means the vast majority of apps are accessible, or can be made to be
accessible with some basic labelling etc.
Obviously the programs that are already accessible with NVDA will work fine,
but I'd be interested to see how many of the surface apps and programs will
be totally useless like with a normal windows machine.
Your typical word processing, email, internet and media players and so on
are going to be fine as they are in a windows OS environment using NVDA,
Jaws or whatever...but it's the rest of the non-ms type apps that worry me.
That is the true advantage to an IOS device, the apps are almost universally
accessible.

73
Colin, V A6BKX