Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2016 12:19:52 -0500

Hey, I need some validation.  I had Celiac for 40 years before a doc found it.  I know, that's not uncommon.  But these are some health things that I think or know was likely from undiagnosed Celiac.  I guess I'd like to know of others experiences? Here are some things I think or know:

Migraines so severe it left marks on my brain.  Have a low humming in my ear as a result.  (I had testing to prove the humming/ringing is from the migraines.  Not menieres or anything else.)

Mild scoliosis.

Degenerating disks in neck and low back since my early 30s.  I suffer low to severe pain daily as a result, but the degeneration is too mild for doctors to believe me.

Early 40s I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees.  I'm not an athlete nor does anything explain the reason.  Doc said I have the knees of a 60 year old.  I'm likely going to need both knees replaced within 10 years.  Hips are fine, though, with the exception of bursitis diagnosis in my mid 20s.

Even though I know I'm 100% GF, I still have anxiety.  Maybe it takes a while to go away?  Been GF 2 years now.

Periods of days to weeks of severe fatigue.

I appreciate input.  I don't really need advice on handling any of the above.  I've been dealing with this stuff long enough to have learned tricks over the years.  I'm mostly curious about others who went undiagnosed for a long time and the health issues you suffered or currently suffer.  (Just an FYI, I have had blood tests and an endoscopy to show I was 100% healed a year ago.  I know right away if I've gotten even trace amounts of gluten.  So no, I know I'm not getting any gluten from anything.)

Thanks, all.
Cathy - NC
GF December 2013