ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2013 16:41:57 -0500
As some of you know, my service business to the college was majorly
suffering due to economics, low enrollments, on-line classes pulling away
students physically on campus, and increased debit purchasing which isn't
feasible   to accommodate equipment costs for the most part.

Last fall I acquired another opportunity on a temporary basis until end of
2014. I have no guarantees I'll wind up with that opportunity when it
finally goes out to bid on a permanent basis. As well, I could lose the
account at the college anytime for multiple reasons from a couple different
ways. It's too complicated to explain here, but I've watched the plug being
pulled slowly on it until one day it's gone. Long and short of it, though
I'm not fearful but rather looking at wisdom here, in a year's time I could
be out of work if both of those scenarios happened.

Now, I have an opportunity which I've bid on that is a permanent position
5-hours south of here. Occupancy of that location if offered it is end of
this month. If you're reading between the lines, you've caught on it means
besides getting business items facilitated such as suppliers, warehousing,
and other needed items , but also means a move there and then try to sell
the house here, not to mention get it market ready with a few odds and end
fix ups. Fortunately, we actually might have a couple parties who have
expressed interest in the neighborhood and the house in the past. One as
early as just the other day, so maybe God's working in the background
already 'smile'.

Anyway, if I was offered and accepted this location, a lot of stuff needs to
happen in a hurry to make it work. We've done similar in the past a few
times and I know we can do it. Once done however, it would allow us to be an
hour closer to my son, my parents and my wife's parents, 5-hours closer to
where my daughter is now, and a whole lot less business equipment management
and maintenance.

Even though we are currently making changes to allow my wife to work with me
part-time for now here, this would give us  an opportunity to work full time
together which would be great. Plus, we'd be earning more income when all
said and done, though the big gotcha is our own medical insurance needs
without a state benefit package we now have from my wife's job. Which that
is another story I'll  spare you.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but read in what you will regarding prayer
needs. It's much appreciated.

Brad