ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:53:21 -0600
Well Phil, you can only hope that the young lady who called doctor Laura was
just bouncing the idea off of her and that she didn't put complete faith in
doctor Laura's opinion.  Maybe she will sit down after hanging up from that
call and put her own mind to the task of figuring out what is best.
My mother had her first child at 15 and it used to be more accepted that
young women raise their own children before Families started considering the
assuming of full rights to raising their kid's children.  I hope that made
since.
I mean that people didn't used to take ownership in a way of other people's
children but helpped them when they needed it and took into consideration
that the parents were young and had to grow a bit before they fully
understood their responsibilities.
While raising her 2 younger kids, my mom had help from a woman she lived
with as well as from the father's parents.  Her own mother kicked her out of
the house at 13 so she was lucky to have people like that in her life I am
sure.
I agree with you on this one.
These talkshow personalities who seem to have it together on most subjects
can not be looked at as perfect or god like, same as the rest of us.

Take Care,
Matt
I'm my kid's dad and I don't need a pat on the back from the whole freeking
nation for my effort.  hahahahah