ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:40:39 -0600
Oh, I think I am on guard in my spirit.
I mean, I still flench and draw away from these shows which come on and ask
questions like, Did Jesus have a marage relationship with Mary Magdalin, and
was the vergin Mary actually raped by a roman soldier?
Those are two questions I have heard posed on tv recently within the last
week.
Terri tells me that it is wrong to question the bible or maybe it is wrong
to question God?
I can understand not questioning god but men wrote the bible and I am sure
they were lead by god, but these people who found the bible and decided what
should be included or excluded, those were surely men and humans are
falible.
Those are the people I question.  The conflict comes when we admit that we
need some leadership in our faith and we have to turn to other human beings
who know more than we do?
I wondered if jesus had a relationship with one of his followers because the
bible does refer to the one who he loved or something like that.  Then you
have Mary magdalin at the tomb after his death and all like that and he sees
her and his mother their and says something like, go home with my mom she is
your family.
I am sorry, I am probably butchering that but he says something about Mary M
being family or daughter of his mother now.
Man!
Now I'm going to have to look that up again, think it is in John.

Matt