ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:01:43 -0500
HI Shelly,
You're right, email names are interesting stories.  Mine is a bit tough
because speech programs don't pronounce it  the way that it is supposed
to be said.  At least my speech program says my name, "katib," but it
should be said, "K T B."  That is partially  a phonetic spelling of my
innitials, but the pun in the middle is that I used to be called Katy so
that the "T" sound in the middle can stand for the T sound in Katy or the
"D" in the first part of Du Bois, my last name.
        When Greg was in seminary, I did a lot of baking to sell as a
source of income and I called my job "KTB's Kitchen."  That's when it
started.  The one is because i lost the pass word on my first account and
got really messed up the first time that we ever upgraded Juno and I had
to start all over again.  Of course, they wouldn't let me use "Katybe"
because that had already been taken.  No kidding!  So I had to add the
one to create a new account.
        Even now, as i re-read this, the pronounciation still isn't
coming across quite right.  My name should sound like "K D B 1"  only say
the K D like Katy.

Kathy

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!